Contract CDL Training (Truck Driver Training)
Get hired, then trained - Employer Sponsored Training
Get pre-hired by one of the nation's top rated, award winning transportation companies. Employer pre-pays for your training; all you pay up front are the state licensing fees (averaging $60 - $70). Go to work immeadiately upon completion. Contact us today for more information.
- 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday. - Friday
- Learn the laws, tips and tricks of truck driving
Behind the Wheel
- 7:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Saturday
- Practice driving an 18-wheeler on the road, backing maneuvers and developing your proficiency
OTR Truck Driver Training
The Over The Road (OTR) truck driver training class trains adults in the safe operation of tractor-trailer combinations and prepares them for jobs as truck drivers. Upon completion of this 160-hour course, graduates will have the skills necessary to obtain employment in the trucking industry and a Certificate of Completion. This 4 week course begins each Monday. 40 hours-week 1 is classroom study, 120 hours-3 weeks behind the wheel training.
OTR DRIVER CURRICULUM OUTLINE
Classroom Instruction 40 hrs.
- Comprehension of safety concepts.
- Knowledge of State and Federal Laws.
- Knowledge of air brake system and warning devices.
- Comprehension of basic braking techniques.
- Log Books – Hours of Service
- Life on the Road -Personal Health & Budgets
- Endorsement Study – HazMat, Doubles/Triples, and Tankers
Field Instruction 120 hrs.
- Lab/Range/Observation (70 hrs.)
- Knowledge of vehicle inspections and reports.
- Name and identify vehicle control systems.
- Observation Time
- Coupling and Uncoupling
- Backing/Skills (16 hrs.)
- Comprehension and practice of shifting, backing tractor-trailer, and parking maneuvers.
- Driving (18 hrs.)
- Demonstrate basic to proficient shifting techniques, turns and cornering.
- Demonstrate use of communication devices.
- Practice and demonstrate speed control, space management, and visual search techniques.
- Demonstrate all competencies while driving in traffic, freeway and city driving.
- Proficiency Development (16 hrs.)
- Can be used for any and all of the above training aspects
Current class schedule; NO evening classes are being offered
Classes are: Monday - Friday 8 am to 430 pm in the classroom; yard hours are 7 am to 330 pm Monday - Friday