Prospective enrollees are encouraged to visit the physical facilities of TDA school and discuss personal, educational, and occupational plans with school personnel prior to enrolling or signing enrollment agreements. Interested individuals are required to complete an Application for Truck Driver Training Form. An Admissions Representative will interview the applicant and explain available training programs,career opportunities in truck driving, and admission requirements to determine if the applicant will qualify for enrollment. Qualified applicants can choose the truck driver education program that is best suited for their needs and are required to complete all necessary forms, take the entrance exam, and make arrangements for payment through our Administrative Office. Note: Adobe Acrobat is required to open the Application for Truck Driver Training Form. You may download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat here.
Qualified applicants can choose the truck driver education program that is best suited for their needs and are required to complete all necessary forms, take the entrance exam, and make arrangements for payment through our Administrative Office.
Applicants applying for admission to any of the TDA Educational Systems, Inc. programs must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicants must provide a copy of their motor vehicle driving record, which will be assessed by one of our Admissions Representatives.
2. Applicants must obtain a passing score on the TDA entrance exam.
3. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to enroll in any of our OTR Truck Driver programs. The Contract Training program and those applicants interested in working over-the-road or out of state must be at least 21 years of age.
4. Applicants must pass the DOT-required drug test prior to any behind-the-wheel training.
5. Applicants must be able to pass the DOT physical exam.
6. Applicants with out-of-state drivers' licenses must provide the DMV with a certified copy of his or her birth certificate.
7. Applicants must also provide a non-laminated, original social security document to the DMV for the commercial licensing application.
At TDA, Private Financial Programs are available for qualified applicants. A student interested in these programs may inquire through the school's administrative office. Students who qualify for training may also be eligible for financial assistance through programs such as... Workforce Investment Act - funding through various county offices Department of Vocational Rehabilitation - funds for injured workers Bureau of Indian Affairs - grant programs through various tribes EDD Funding - offered by many OTR Companies The Staff at TDA will have information on the local offices that determine eligibility for these programs.